Birthing Ball Exercises during Pregnancy, Labor And Beyond
Birthing Ball Exercises during Pregnancy, Labor And Beyond (#Best Gynecologist in Bhopal)
What Is A Birthing Ball?
A birthing ball or a birth ball is a large inflatable exercise ball made of rubber. It is a standard fitness ball that can be used by pregnant women for fitness during pregnancy and post pregnancy. The birthing ball is a safe and beneficial non-pharmacological method to have a usual delivery.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Birthing Ball?
Here are a few potential benefits of using a birthing ball.
What Type Of Birth Ball Should You Buy?
- Eases back pain and improves your capability to move around.
- suggest counter-pressure to your perineum and thighs
- Gives excellent support to your knees and ankles
- Helps decrease spinal pressure
- Eases labor pain and reduces the duration of labor
- Reduces the anxiety and pain from contractions
- Helps open up the pelvic muscles
- Helps you remain in an upright situation, which works with gravity for efficient baby decent
- Corrects the baby situation before the birth
Buy a birthing ball which meets the following criteria:
How to Use a Birthing Ball during Pregnancy?
- The size of the ball depends on your height. When you sit on it, your feet should touch the floor properly
- Take the one with anti-burst feature and an anti-slip finish; In any case, do not keep these exercise balls near sharp objects, rough surfaces, and direct heat generators such as heaters, radiators, blowers, open fires, and stoves.
- Should be capable to bear your weight
- Choose from a reputed brand so that you can be sure of its value
- It should be pressure-tested and take up to 300kg weight
During pregnancy, you can use the birthing ball:
For sitting comfortably when working or resting:
For some mild exercise:
- It is much easier to get on and off on the ball than it is to sit on a soft sofa or a hard chair.
- Sitting on the ball is also a mini workout. Rocking and bouncing on it softly can keep your tummy and back muscles upright.
How to Use a Birthing Ball after Baby’s Birth?
- Birth ball present the needed balance, get better posture and exercises your tummy muscles. It gives the necessary support to bear the pregnancy weight.
- Rock your pelvis sideways and back and forth while sitting on the ball. Pull your tummy inside and try curving your lower back smoothly.
You can use birthing ball after the birth of the baby in the following ways:
- You can also cuddle and soothe your crying baby while sitting on the ball.
- Exercising with the ball help out tone up your post-pregnancy body.
- You can also make your baby stand, walk and scoot on the ball.
- You will feel sore for some days after the release. Sitting on the ball is more at ease than sitting on a hard surface.
- Once you get the baby to latch conveniently, you can sit on the ball when breastfeeding. It can be better than slumping on the bed.