Effects of Wearing Heels during Pregnancy
Effects of Wearing Heels during Pregnancy:
- Calf Cramps-
When you wear heels for a long time, your calf muscles are in a contracted situation. This leads to cramps in the muscles, which may be aggravated during pregnancy.
- Back Pain-
High heels are supposed to alter your posture. Your pelvic muscles are bent forward, giving a rounder shape to your back.
You will gain a considerable quantity of weight around the front during pregnancy and this change in posture will reason pain.
The ligaments in lower back and legs are loosened during pregnancy. Wearing heels puts excess pressure on the pelvic and back joints, since the support is not correct. This results in aches around joints and ligaments of lower back and pelvic area.
- Less Balance-
The strength in your ankles is likely to decrease due to excess weight and hormonal changes in the body.
- This is a general cause that will lead to lower balancing capacity.
- When you are wearing heels, there will be higher probability of losing balance and tripping over, cause injury to you and your unborn child.
- Swelling in Feet-
A medical situation known as edema or swelling in legs, ankles and feet is quite general during pregnancy.
- Wearing tight shoes and high heels or platform heels will further aggravate the problem.
- Wearing high heels especially in the late pregnancy can reason swollen feet.
- More fluid will be accumulated in the lower part of your body and along with swelled feet you might also experience pain.
- Stretched Muscles-
Just like your back and abdomen, the ligaments in the ankles and calf also loosen due to pregnancy induced hormones.
- This leads to stretching of muscles in the feet.
- The shoes that you could comfortably wear pre-pregnancy will now become tight and painful.
A pregnant woman wearing high heels is always at a higher risk of having a miscarriage. The pregnancy is threatened due to the risk of falling or twisting. So, why to be at danger by wearing high heels?
Tips To Wear High Heels In Pregnancy:
Wearing heels during pregnancy is not at all advisable, as it can lead to serious harm to both you and your unborn baby. However, if you absolutely must, then keep the following tips in mind:
- It is okay to wear low heels in your first trimester, after which the hormonal flow enlarge and your muscles start to stretch.
- Try to wear lower and sturdier heels.
- Buy shoes that are comfortable and don’t generate a tight grip on your feet.
- Avoid stilettos, platform heels or kitten heels. The thinner the heels, the lesser support your body will get, making it all the more hard to maintain balance.
- At parties or outings, avoid walking or standing for longer durations in high heels. If you have to wear them to get the perfect look, try to sit around most of the time.
( Best Gynecologist in Bhopal )