Can Girls Swim On Their Period?
Swimming, while she is menstruating, can seem quite impossible for a little girl. But, if she is a competitive swimmer, who must keep up with her regime, or someone who simply wants to swim, is it advisable to do so during her period? What can you do, as a mom, to help her? Well, for a start, you can read this post.
Yes! Your daughter can swim during her menstrual cycle. In fact, her periods shouldn’t stop her from doing anything. Whether your growing girl wants to join the gym or swimming classes, she should be capable to enjoy these activities even during her periods.
- Wear A Tampon:
- After getting into the swimming pool, the menstrual flow biologically decreases. However, using a tampon prevents the water from becoming unhygienic for others.
- It is quite safe for your teen girl to wear a tampon before getting into the swimming pool.
- Tampons absorb the menstrual fluid so that it does not mix with the water in the swimming pool.
- Wearing Menstrual Cups:
- Though tampons are quite comfortable to wear for your teen, she can also use the menstrual cups.
- Your daughter can insert the cup into the vagina so that it stays still at its base and collects the menstrual blood.
- One can wear cups for almost ten hours consistently.
- If your teen wears a tampon while she is swimming, she must follow certain precautionary measures throughout the day.
- Ask your daughter to carry extra tampons in her bags, when she goes out for vacations or holidays.
- After she gets out of the pool, your daughter can change and wear a sanitary pad or a panty liner.
- Even though a girl is wearing a tampon or menstrual cup, menstrual blood does not leak through the bikini bottom. But just as an added precaution, it is advisable for your girl to wear a dark-colored swimsuit so that the leakage is barely visible.
- Your teen girl can choose dark blue or dark purple, and enjoy a fun day of swimming with her friends.