Birthing Ball Exercises during Pregnancy, Labor And Beyond
Birthing Ball Exercises during Pregnancy, Labor And Beyond (#Best Gynecologist in Bhopal)
What Is A Birthing Ball?
A birthing ball or a birth ball is a large inflatable exercise ball made of rubber. It is a standard fitness ball that can be used by pregnant women for fitness during pregnancy and post pregnancy. The birthing ball is a safe and beneficial non-pharmacological method to have a usual delivery.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Birthing Ball?
Here are a few potential benefits of using a birthing ball.
- Eases back pain and improves your capability to move around.
- suggest counter-pressure to your perineum and thighs
- Gives excellent support to your knees and ankles
- Helps decrease spinal pressure
- Eases labor pain and reduces the duration of labor
- Reduces the anxiety and pain from contractions
- Helps open up the pelvic muscles
- Helps you remain in an upright situation, which works with gravity for efficient baby decent
- Corrects the baby situation before the birth
What Type Of Birth Ball Should You Buy?
Buy a birthing ball which meets the following criteria:
- The size of the ball depends on your height. When you sit on it, your feet should touch the floor properly
- Take the one with anti-burst feature and an anti-slip finish; In any case, do not keep these exercise balls near sharp objects, rough surfaces, and direct heat generators such as heaters, radiators, blowers, open fires, and stoves.
- Should be capable to bear your weight
- Choose from a reputed brand so that you can be sure of its value
- It should be pressure-tested and take up to 300kg weight
How to Use a Birthing Ball during Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, you can use the birthing ball:
For sitting comfortably when working or resting:
- It is much easier to get on and off on the ball than it is to sit on a soft sofa or a hard chair.
- Sitting on the ball is also a mini workout. Rocking and bouncing on it softly can keep your tummy and back muscles upright.
For some mild exercise:
- Birth ball present the needed balance, get better posture and exercises your tummy muscles. It gives the necessary support to bear the pregnancy weight.
- Rock your pelvis sideways and back and forth while sitting on the ball. Pull your tummy inside and try curving your lower back smoothly.
How to Use a Birthing Ball after Baby’s Birth?
You can use birthing ball after the birth of the baby in the following ways:
- You can also cuddle and soothe your crying baby while sitting on the ball.
- Exercising with the ball help out tone up your post-pregnancy body.
- You can also make your baby stand, walk and scoot on the ball.
- You will feel sore for some days after the release. Sitting on the ball is more at ease than sitting on a hard surface.
- Once you get the baby to latch conveniently, you can sit on the ball when breastfeeding. It can be better than slumping on the bed.